By using this site and disclosing your personal information, you consent to the collection; storage and processing of your personal information by Leasedrive as set out above.
The Data Protection Act
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. It will not be disclosed to any other parties or any other organisations unless you give explicit permission, or there is a legal obligation to do so. Leasedrive is registered as a Data Controller under the Act and will adhere to these principles and the guidelines set out by the Information Commissioner.
We reserve the right to collect and store website usage information to help us assess and improve the website content, design and navigation. We may collect website usage from a number of sources, including our web server / service providers, or from URLs, IP addresses and Cookies passed to us when you enter our site.
In all cases, website usage information excludes any information that can be traced back to you, and is therefore treated as non-personal data under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
The use of various features of the site (including the 'Contact us', 'Arrange a Demo' and 'white paper/essential guide' facilities) require the completion and electronic transmission of a number of specific and optional additional pieces of information including personal and business contact details.
The purpose of this is to provide us with sufficient information to respond to your enquiry quickly and accurately. The information supplied may be retained on our database servers, and will be handled according to our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you have previously agreed to us holding or using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be provided with a username and password to access the facilities within the Customer Area on the website. Your stored information is not shared with other parties. We use industry-standard SSL encryption software when processing sensitive information such as usernames and passwords, to safeguard your data and employ strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to your data. Please contact your Account Manager if you require further information about the secure site.
Leasedrive collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our web site and other sites accessible from them. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake including details of payment cards used.
We may record phone conversations to offer you additional security, resolve complaints and improve our service standards. Conversations may also be monitored for staff training purposes. Our employees are personally responsible for maintaining customer confidentiality. We provide training and education to all our staff to remind them about their obligations. Our policies and procedures are regularly audited and reviewed.
When we receive an application from a business we may perform a search with a credit reference agency and fraud prevention agency on the individual company directors or partners.
Retention of Data
While we generally retain personally identifiable data about you as long as we believe it will be useful to us, we do not retain personally identifiable data about you longer than legally permissible. Currently, the principal place in which we retain personally identifiable data about you is at our registered office.
Links to other websites
Use of information
Leasedrive seeks to use your personal data only for the purposes of legitimate interests and, where practicable, with your consent. Information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- To assist you with reserving, renting, purchasing and leasing motor vehicles.
- To provide information concerning car sales, car rental and fleet services.
- To conduct other transactions that you request.
- To service your account with us, respond to your questions and contact you when necessary.
- To provide you with discounts, coupons, offers and other information and opportunities and services that may be of interest to you.
- To assist us in providing better products and services (for example, we may contact you to assist us in evaluating the performance of our staff, to assess the quality of product and service received and to help us improve our Web Site, facilities and services).
- To compile statistics and analysis about our customers' use of our Web Site, products and services, which statistics are only used internally to enable us to provide better customer service and products to you and other customers in the future.
- To learn more about our Web Site traffic patterns and other use, in order to improve the functionality and features of our site.
- To help us to operate, maintain and improve our systems and Web Site.
- If you provide us your e-mail address, we will use it to contact you if you tell us we may do so. We will only send you promotional materials using your e-mail address if you tell us we can and you may withdraw your consent at anytime by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Leasedrive will not sell your personal data to third parties. Your personal data will only be transferred to third parties where this is for proper purposes related to business matters, for example where this is required by professional bodies or where it is necessary for the delivery of services by third parties to you.
Right to request information
Under the Data Protection Act you have a right to request a copy of any personal data held by Leasedrive Ltd at any time, in order to check its accuracy. The Act allows us to charge a fee of £15 for this service. If you wish to do this, please write to: Leasedrive Client Services, Leasedrive Limited, Crowthorne House, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 3GA. If anything is inaccurate or incorrect, please let us know and we will correct it.
Company Registration Details:
Leasedrive Limited. Registered in England No. 01748180. Registered Office: Crowthorne House Nine Mile Ride Wokingham Berkshire RG40 3GA.
Leasedrive Rental Management Limited. Registered in England No. 03860818. Registered Office: Crowthorne House Nine Mile Ride Wokingham Berkshire RG40 3GA.