Key Benefits – Fleet Manager
- Low-cost to employer
- Simple implementation
- Little ongoing maintenance required by employer
- Solution to corporate emissions targets for fleet
- Can form part of company CSR programme
- Simple first-step towards a “Greener” fleet
- Management reporting to monitor progress
Key Benefits – Driver
- Feel-good factor for taking positive action to help the environment
- Simple sign-up process
- Easy to understand
- Low monthly cost of 1-2% of monthly allowance
Carbon:Manager™ is integrated within Leasedrive’s online vehicle management system Drive:Manager™. It allows fleet managers (and/or drivers) to calculate their CO2 emissions by entering their vehicle details and annual mileage.
They are then given the option to pay to ‘offset’ their CO2 emissions. The offset is calculated on a ‘per tonne’ basis and costs between £3 and £8 per month.
The CarbonNeutral Company organises ‘offsets’ for Leasedrive and its clients and can also provide certificates and other collateral to register Carbon Neutral driving.
Examples of offset projects include technology transfers (which replace fossil fuel based energy with solar energy, thus reducing CO2) and methane capture (where methane is gathered using wells, pipes and other technology from mines, landfills or dairy farms and harnessed for energy).
More information about current offset projects can be found at www.carbonneutral.com.